Technology is not changing the landscape of education; it is the landscape in which education occurs.
At Echoes Instructional Design, Inc. we develop learning experiences for individuals with disabilities. We are committed to providing opportunities for clients who are blind or visually impaired to achieve their educational, career, and personal goals. Our programs are:
- Developed expressly to work with assistive technologies.
- Eliminate physical, geographic, and other barriers to access.
Interactive & Interpersonal
- Live weekly discussions enhance group development and motivation.
- Students gain confidence as they acquire new skills.
- Instructors, mentors, and program alumni share their challenges and achievements with each group, enabling students to identify and envision their personal goals.
- “Information Literacy” skills are improved through immersion in our fully accessible online learning environment.
- Specific instruction (one-to-one or small group) regarding the selection and use of popular web applications with assistive technologies enables students to get online in less time and with less frustration.
- Challenging new skills are practiced and students receive individualized, constructive feedback.
- Methods of instruction and technologies used in our classes are selected based on accessibility, recognized best practices in education, recommendations from experts and/or demonstrated effectiveness in the online learning setting.
Learn more about our current course offerings.